Saturday, January 24, 2015

Meeting Neil Young

Neil Young fans only!
The picture of Neil is fuzzy, much like my memories of the past years.
I had chance to spend a few minutes with him and Daryl Hannah as they passed by NY enroute from Iceland to LA.

Have to say that ‪#‎NeilYoung‬ has held onto his 60’s laid back demeanor and dress more than most icons of those days but remains trending with his new ‪#‎PONO‬ music file format.. Other than a sporty pork pie hat, he wore a sweater, short sleeved tee shirt and has mutton chops like Martin Van Buren.
I mentioned to him that the last time I saw him and CSN at ‪#‎Woodstock‬. He looked at me and said “you haven’t changed”. LOL. I asked him did he enjoy it, and he replied “ it was OK”. “ Did you spent all days there” he asked. Told him I spent 2 days in mud and living in a Teepee. He laughed.
Neil carried his threadbare guitar case and burlap bag and couple of large duffels with personal stuff. Daryl and he held hands as they strolled to the security checkpoint where he refused a scanner and prefered a pat down. Daryl was [protective of him and looked cute in her stocking feet and black Indian-like dress. Not much like the Mermaid in ‪#‎Splash‬ back in the 80’s. Both were busy hydrating themselves with bottled water before entering TSA territory.
Neil commented that “They love” ‪#‎Iceland‬ where he has done a couple of concerts. According to him, “It is very clean and no crime.” He repeated the clean part twice!
There was one Failed moment. He did not want to do a ‪#‎selfie‬ with me! “Don’t do photos” he said decisively.
I held my hands high” Don’t shoot” I thought.
Oh well, “Bummer” as we used to say. I think that is what we used to say. Like I mentioned all a bit fuzzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment